Sunday, 10 May 2009

The Sugar Bowl #10: Sugar Nellie Country Cousins

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
MME Bloom & Grow "Grow" 12x12 papers (Spring in Bloom B&G139, Little Blossom B&G135) : Core'dinations cardstock (Seaweed OS030) : Sugar Nellie Country Cousins 'Fragile Beauty' stamp : Whisper pens : Prima flowers : Craftwork Cards 'Card Candy' : 3D foam pads

I have been trying to make a card for The Sugar Bowl challenge #10 (a fab sketch by Marlene) for 3 days now! Yes, 3 days, LOL! I'd picked the papers and coloured this sweet new Sugar Nellie image called "Fragile Beauty" from the new Country Cousins range on Friday, but I just couldn't get any further! When I got up this morning, I was determined to actually make this card! Funny what a bit of determination will do! LOL! I started with a blank white card in front of me an hour ago, and now I have this! The Sugar Bowl want to see buttons on your cards, but I don't have any buttons that are orange or turquoise, so I've gone with Card Candy instead. Hope this still counts? I've purposefully left the top left corner 'unadorned' as that's where I will add a sentiment when I eventually send this card.

It's a gorgeous day here in the South West of England. The sun is streaming through the windows, and the gales of the past few days have gone! We're having a quiet day today, church and then some relaxation (and maybe a bit of gardening) this afternoon, before going to my parents for dinner! A perfect 'easy' Sunday! LOL!

Have a great day, whatever you're up to!

Hugs, Sem x

21 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Sem.
    i love the colours and layout.
    Such a swet image.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sensational card sweetie - OMW the colours and papers are better than delish!! Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT SEM IT IS ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL CARD WITH DELICIOUS PAPERS AND IMAGE
    HUGS DEBRA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem Gorgeous card love the colours you've used and aren't these new stamps just gorgeous. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, stunning card Sem, love your take on the sketch and am glad it finally worked for you :)
    Thanks for playing in the sugar bowl,
    Hugs, Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab, love the papers and that cutie of an image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and you have chosen a wonderful colour combo. I love this gorgeous new image. Great card and I love you 'buttons'! Thanks for playing along with us in the Sugar Bowl!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Sem ! Colours are fab and I love this stamp! Have you been spending again! lol! just can't help ourselves.

    Hope hubby feeling beter

    Big Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Your card is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sem, this is such a precious card! I love the colors you used and the image is wonderfully colored. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card hun! Love the image and I just adore the papers!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I will have to say your efforts paid off ~ your card is so pretty!! Love this paper and looks fab with this adorable image!! Just gorgeous ~ thanks so much for sticking with the challenge it turned out so pretty!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sem, Happy Mommy's Day sweetie. This card is just fab! You always do such a great job on your cards!!!! The DP is awesome & goes nicely together. But then I LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring. YOU GO GIRL! HUGS! Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Simone
    What a delicious creation!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our sketches at The Sugar Bowl.
    Luv'n'Hugs
    Sugar Mama x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is out of stock i tried on sat lol Its a lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those colors together. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card with my favourite papers and such a cute image too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow gorgeous card and fab colours. I'll try and do the challenge for sugar bowl with my new nellie stamp.
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Simone - love your colour theme and your new stamp is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just so beautiful, Sem! Your coloring is so soft and "gentle" for this image. I love everything about this card and wish I could color like you. Absolutely beautiful. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x