Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Sketch & Stash, Papertake Weekly & ABC: Whiff of Joy Willow

Click to enlargeINGREDIENTS
K & Co Amy Butler Lotus 12x12 Faded China paper pad (Grandiflora and Oxford Stripe): Core'dinations cardstock (Tranquil Blue and Gibraltar) : Whiff of Joy Willow with Sunhat stamp : Whispers Dual Tip Marker Pens : Martha Stewart border punch Arch Lattice : Nestabilities Labels 4 : Versamagic Dew Drop Aegean Blue : Ribbon, jump rings, heart charm, pearls, flower bead caps, blue paper rose and 3D foam pads from stash

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I haven't played along with Sketch & Stash Challenge for absolutely ages, so I thought it was about time I rectified that! This fortnight's challenge #11 is a wonderful sketch, which I really enjoyed using and will certainly use again! I've come to the conclusion that my cards work best when I use 2 different patterned papers (no more, no less!). I'm not sure why! Anyway...apart from following the sketch, the 2nd part of the challenge at S&S is to use your newest stash. Well, my newest addition to my ever-increasing cupboard of crafting stash is the gorgeous Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Border Punch, which I ordered and received last week from The Glitter Pot. Other new stash used on this card are the pearls and the silver flower bead caps (both bought from my trusty suppliers via Ebay). My Nesties Label 4 are only a month old too, but I have already used them before!


I'm also going to enter this card into this week's challenge over at Papertake Weekly which is "Scrap this" - to use your scraps. I do love this K&Co paper, but the last time I used it was back in February on a card using another Whiff of Joy stamp. I always forget that I've got it, as it's a 12x12 pad, and so gets stored away from my 6x6 pads. So I've used the scraps that were left over from my last card on this card!

And last, but by no means least, this week's ABC Challenge is P is for Pearls, and I have used 5 on this card. I love pearls, and it is my aim to accumulate a stash of every colour possible!

I hope this post finds you all well? I'm currently 'on hols' in Gloucester, and posting this card 'remotely' using our laptop and the hotel's wifi connection! Isn't technology great!

Have a great day, peeps!

Hugs, Sem x

15 comments:

  1. Hi Semsee another stunning card. I adore the colours on this one and that backing paper is so pretty. I think I must have that border punch off to the Glitterpot now. Brilliant card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats lovely! Great colours! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee this is stunning, love your image and fab colouring Sem and your detail is perfection.
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colour combo!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card..love the image and your colouring. Lovely papers! Hugs Judy x
    enjoy your hols!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Sem another beautiful card from yourself and excellent colouring.
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the colours!
    Hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!!love the image and your colouring.
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Semsee this is such a pretty card, absolutely love it hunny, great image and fabulous papers! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!! What a very lovely layout!! Beautiful coloring!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning work. I love the colour combination and all the beautiful embellishments. Your colouring is brilliant too.
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card Sem, the colouring on your image is fantastic and I'm so glad to see you back with us!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, hanks for joining in the ABC fun this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x