Saturday, 16 May 2009

Just Magnolia #5: Shabby Chic Tilda


Hey peeps! How are we all enjoying the weekend so far? Today has been full of sunshine and downpours for us!

I found out yesterday that I was the lucky winner of challenge #4 over at the Just Magnolia challenge blog! YIPPEE! This is the FIRST challenge I've ever won! I'm so thankful to win some yummy goodies from The Glitter Garden - can't wait for them to arrive so I can play! The second part of the prize was a position as a Just Magnolia Guest Designer for June! Eeek! I'm extremely nervous, as the entire Just Magnolia DT are AWESOME! I just hope I don't let them down!

My brand new Basic Grey Wisteria 6x6 pad arrived yesterday from Craft Obsessions, along with a pack of ten 12x12 co-ordinating cardstock (a pack that Craft Obsessions put together especially for the Wisteria papers - and it matches PERFECTLY!), and so I decided to use these for the Just Magnolia Week #5 Challenge - a sketch by the wonderful and talented Naoual. I'd added everything to the card except the pearls and flowers, and was pretty pleased with the result. Then ... DISASTER - I realised that I don't have any pearls that match colourwise or any lilac flowers! Pooh! It was all going so well up to this point! So please excuse my poor choice of purple pearls - I know they don't match! I popped a couple onto Tilda's braids to try to 'tie them in' but I don't think it worked! LOL! I'm now off to hunt the online craft shops for some lilac (not purple) flowers!!

Have a fab rest of the weekend, whatever you're up to!

Hugs, Sem x

15 comments:

  1. So pretty as usual! I love the softer side of Wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Tilda is so adorable and I love the colors you used. Fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!!!!! love it!!!!!!! janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem, this is sooooo sweet!! I love the colors! I just ordered the Wisteria stack and cannot wait for it to get here! Beautiful card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on you win and good luck on the DT, the "purple" pearls look fine to me! Hugs Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Sem, I like it as it is. I am lucky to live quite close to Craft Obsessions, David is always helpful so they are certainly handy having them so close. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and pretty. Congratulations on your win and your guest DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the tilda image and the beautiful colouring. Love the papers and I think the pears go perfect with them. Many congrats on the GD post and don't worry about letting them down, as your cards are always gorgeous. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have nothing at all to be nervous about Simonne, your cards are just fabulous, this one is a perfect case in point. Gorgeous papers and colours, stunning details and fabulous colouring - just perfect!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and fabulous Tilda.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on you win. I adore this card. The colours are absolutely gorgeous. The pearls look fine to me but then you are a perfectionist Will have to go and order some of that paper is sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is soooooooo pretty, i love the colouring and the image!

    hugs
    alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sem, I love the card you made sweetie, and like Bev said, you have nothing to be nervous about! Your cards are always just beautiful and I love your colouring.
    It will be fun having you as a GDT member!!

    Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOoo...so pretty! Love the soft colors of this one. Great job with the border punches and primas too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x