Sunday, 3 May 2009

Just Magnolia #3: Tilda with letter

Click to enlarge image
INGREDIENTS
MME double-sided 'Penny Lane' paper 'Tiny Dancer "Chasse" Graceful Circles' (#PL1179) : Core'dinations cardstock (Aegean, Palm Grove, Amaryllis) : 'Tilda with letter' stamp (Magnolia Valentine 2009 Collection) : Whisper Pens : Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch : QuicKutz Revolution Flourish die (REV-0024) : Nestabilities : Prima flowers : Brads, ribbon, pearls, spacers & dragonfly from stash

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend? (especially those of us who reside in the UK, and who have a 3 day break this weekend - woo hoo, long live Bank Holidays!).

I must start by apologising for being absolutely rubbish with my crafting and posting this week - so sorry, guys! I've been incredibly busy with family life, plus I've been beavering away behind the scenes at Sunday Sketch & Stamp securing sponsorships and re-vamping the blog. But I've resurfaced now, and I hope to create lots this week! (Well, that's the plan anyway...LOL!).

Okay, so down to this card. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, I've made a wee promise to myself to join in with the new Just Magnolia challenge blog each week. So...this is my take on Bev's sketch set for week 3, and what a lovely sketch it is!

Click to enlarge image

I'm also going to enter this card into this week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #30 which is 'flowers'.

I have a teensy, tiny confession to make! I had originally chosen a different Magnolia image for this card (Tilda reading a book), but as I completely messed up the colouring, I scrapped that idea and started again with a different image! I think this Tilda matches the MME paper much better, anyway! I keep forgetting I have a swirl stamp (duh!), and I kinda wish I'd used it now instead of the diecut swirls, but...they're stuck fast, so they'll have to stay! I think I might have to move my swirl stamp out of my stamp drawer and put it in my diecut cupboard so that I remember I have it when I reach for my flourish die cut!

Anyhoo, I'm rambling somewhat now, so I'll sign off! Have a great rest of the weekend, whatever you're up to, and for those of us who have Monday off too....enjoy your extra day, he he!

Hugs, Sem x

25 comments:

  1. Hiya you busy bee! love this card, gorgeous colour combo and the details are beautiful. Hope you manage to have a more relaxing week this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat a gorgeous card! Love the colours you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sem, Love you card and all of the those you have on your blog!! :o) You are very talented..
    I have left a little surprise for you over at my blog. Go and read todays post to find it. Hope your weekend was a great one..
    janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem, fabulous card - love your papers and you've coloured this Tilda beautifully. Fantastic details including your die cut swirls. I do the opposite - go for stamps when as die cut one would be better - old habits etc.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely! I just love that paper and your green and pink outfit on her is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simonne! This is such a beautiful card! I love the DP you used as the colors are so bright and cheerful. You colored Tilda so nicely. You mentioned Whispers markers...I bought them and don't know how best to use them! I need a lesson from you LOL! I love the Revolution flourish die cut and the flowers.
    I hope to be able to color like you. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!found you on DO so popped over to have a peek and wow your card's are stunning!!!
    hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous sweetie! Love the adorable image and the fabulous choice of colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!
    Gorgeous card!
    Love your fabulous colours and detail!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and Tilda looks perfect.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Sem see, your colours and papers are gorgeous thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I absolutely love this card. Your coloring is amazing. I learn so much from your cards. Can you tell me the Copic colors you used?
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wha a beautiful card! Your colouring is fab!!
    Hugs,
    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the tilda image and the beautiful colouring. Congrats on the DT post for Inky and I'm looking forward to working with you. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sem,
    Just another comment to say congrats on winning Julies candy!
    I have just pooped over to her blog and saw your name!!

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card, I love your take on the sketch! Love the image too, so sweet! Awesome colouring hun!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a totally fab card. I do love the papers you have chosen and your Tilda is colored just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. a wonderful card, great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining us at the just magnolia challenge blog. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Semsee this is such a lovely card hunny i love the tilda image and the gorgeous colours youve chosen. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Semsee this is gorgeous love the papers and your colouring is perfect. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! I love the papers and the colours you used. Great colouring of the cute Tilda image.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x