Friday, 10 April 2009

Penny Black meets Friday Sketchers: Easter Bunny

Click to enlarge image
INGREDIENTS
K & Co 'Roam' 6x6 pad : Core-dinations cardstock : Penny Black 'Garden Friends' stamp : Whisper Pens : Oval Nestabilities : Magnolia 'New Years Swirl' stamp : Versamagic Dew Drop Jumbo Java : Blue pearls, brown ribbon and flowers from stash

Evening all!

At 5.30pm this evening, our darling daughter asked "can I colour in some stamped images using your pens please, mum?". How could I refuse!? So I sat down with her, and whilst she was beavering away, I coloured in this Penny Black image ... and then decided to turn it into a card!

I followed today's Sketch #47 over at Friday Sketchers, and as I have used a Penny Black 'Easter' image I am also going to enter it into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge #43, which I'm just in time for (I hope!). And finally (phew!), this week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations is 'Scallops', so my scallop frame fits perfectly! Yay!

This is card is a little one (5" square) - I haven't used this size in ages, but the PB bunny would have looked a bit lost on my normal 6" square cards. I'm quite pleased with the vintage feel to this card, but I must apologise about the quality of the photo - my camera takes fab daylight shots, but I find that it's not so good in the dark with a flash! And the problem with using a flash is that it reflects every little bit of stray glue! Ahhh! Although you can't see it well, I have sanded the blue Core'dinations cardstock (backing the brown ribbon) and also inked the edges of the rose with a versamagic dew drop. *EDIT* I have now updated the pic to a 'daylight' photo!

Anyway, hope you all have a fabulous Easter and that you stuff yourself silly with chocolate eggs (I know we will! He he!).

Will probably not be back til early next week now!
Happy Easter!


Hugs, Sem x

16 comments:

  1. wow this is just gorgeous...love the papers and that fabulous image...how lucky that they arrived this morning...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
    Hugs Kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image,the combination is great with the papers
    Hugs agnesx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fellow DT....lol
    gorgeous card hun..so love the PB image not seen that one before..and the papers are so yummy as are the colours good luck with challenges hugs clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Gorgeous card! I love the PB image ~ very sweet. I also was late entering my challenge card this week (only made it tonight). x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I love your bunny and enjoy your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh how cute card! Love the colours and the image is adorable.

    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Sem, I have this stamp but have hardly used it but you have given me some inspiration to have another go with it Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats adorable Sem-great papers and lovely image!
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Love the image

    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love it all. I've seen your cards in the Docrafts gallery and left you a comment before, they are all wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week and good luck.

    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, it's a very great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sem! Fab card the colours and image you have used are beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations! Love Rach xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply beautiful. I love the image it's so sweet. Beautifully coloured and lovely papers.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi hun..pop over there's award for you on my blog..hope you like it hugs clarex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colourin is perfect and your daughter is lucky to have a teacher like you! great card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x