Thursday, 23 April 2009

Just Magnolia #1: Tilda with Flowers

Click to enlarge image
G'day everyone!

So sorry I haven't posted a card for almost a week, but both my mojo and my inspiration have taken a little holiday together! They've sent me a postcard saying that they're having a lovely time, so in the meantime I've soldiered on without them! LOL!

As I'm sure you're all aware by now, there is a brand new challenge blog called Just Magnolia. It's a weekly Friday challenge blog and the only rule is that you have to use a Magnolia image! Their first challenge is a wonderful sketch by Donalda, which I have used for this card. I just about managed to squeeze all the elements in, as my image is rather large, LOL! Make sure you hop on over to Just Magnolia and check out the DT cards - they are absolutely stunning!

As I've used 3 Magnolia stamps to create a wee scene, I can also enter this card into this week's challenge #28 over at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, which is ... "create a scene"!

Today's brand new challenge #57 over at Cute Card Thursday is "getting edgy" where they would like you to "either tear, sand, distress or sew the edges of your card". I have distressed and inked the edges of both the background patterned paper and the image, so I hope this counts!

Have a great day, whatever you're up to!

Hugs, Sem x

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love the little scene you have created. Thanks for joining is this week over on the CCT Challenge Blog.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Magnolias stamps are just wonderful! But your card is really nice. I think you have done a excellent interpretation of the sketch. Lovely!

    Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sem your card is stunning, I love the little scene you've created and those papers are gorgeous, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Sem hun, this is awesome, love the details, your scene is fabby and your colouring gorgeous as always. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the little scene..perfect! Your colouring is lovely and I love the punched border! A beautiful card!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scene you have created. Gorgeous card!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is wonderful. great use of your stamps.
    Thank you for joining us at just magnolia.. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Sem, this is beautiful, Love Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Sem.
    The colours you'vce used are beautiful!!!!
    I love the magnolia image, and that lovely scene you've created! :O)

    Love Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is lovely Sem
    love the papers and the scene is gorgeous
    hugs Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is just darling! I will have to try and find time to play! I love the pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love your card, such a sweet little scene that you have created, just perfect!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card sweetie, looks like your inspiration is back in town, lol. Hope your mojo will follow too!

    Thank you so much for joning us this week hun,

    Hugs, Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well your doing great without them at the moment, your cards Gorgeous, love the scene.
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just genius-love how you created a scene and the colours are sooo lovely!
    Well done you1
    Dei xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card, so love the sweet image! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous card hun - LURVE the delish colour scheme and gorgoeus details - fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning card Sem, totally gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is really beautiful Sem, good luck with the challenge, thank you for the lovely comments you have been leaving on my cards Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card Sem Really sweet. Take a look at my blog I have left a little something for you! Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning hunny, wow what a truly gorgeous card, lovely colours and stunning image, coloured to perfection as always. have a good weekend, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, my goodness, I think I missed this one. Stunning!! I love everything about it. Where are you getting those pearls? They are perfect on this card. Beautiful coloring too!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x