Friday, 17 April 2009

Inky Impressions: DT Call Stage 2

Click to enlarge image Click on the picture to enlarge (opens in a new window)

INGREDIENTS

Morning everyone!

You may remember that about a month ago I entered the first ever DT call for Inky Impressions, a brand new stamp company founded by the lovely Nicole? Well, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I was chosen to go through to the second stage of the call! WOO HOO!

For stage 2 we have been asked to create a card using a stamped Inky Impressions image and the Split Coast Stampers Card Sketch SC218. I received my stamped image and sketch (all the way from the US!) this morning. As soon as I saw the image I knew exactly what materials I wanted to use, and so I've been beavering away ever since creating this!

This gorgeous Inky Impressions image was fab to colour, and I love how much detail it has (colouring is my favourite part of making a card!). I decided to 'go out on a limb' and use a colouring medium that I have never used before - watercolour pencils! (I know, you probably think I'm a bit crazy to try something new on an image I don't have the actual stamp for!). Our daughter loves to draw and was given a tin of watercolour pencils by "Santa Claus" this Christmas. I've seen so many beautiful stamped images coloured with pencils that I decided to borrow her pencils and have a go! And I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the results! This is also the very first time I've used my new Basic Grey Marrakech papers - I adore the blue and orange together!

The cut-off date for Stage 2 entries is 27th April, so I'll be nervously biting my nails until then! He he! I would so love to go through to the final stage of the DT call, and maybe, just maybe be on the findal and permanent DT at some point! Nicole's stamps/images are gorgeous (and on a 'technical' note, so fab to use!) - so please cross everything for me!

Finally, I'm going to enter this into Cute Card Thursday's challenge #56 which is "floral fantasy" - use any type of flower on your card.

Thanks, as ever, for taking the time to stop by my little ole blog!

Huge hugs, Sem x

21 comments:

  1. Another absolute stunner. I adore the image, so beautifully coloured as usual. The colours that you have chosen are gorgeous and those flowers are beautiful. I can't fault it in any way. Good Luck for getting through to the next stage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job!! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sem, Oh you have done a fabby job, colouring and papers all go so well together, looks like a really fab image to colour, bet it took you ages!! good luck to you, hope you get through! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sem.
    Stunning in fact :O)
    Great detail, and i agree those papers are fab!
    Good luck with the DT call!

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Such a gorgeous card! Your colouring is fab and the papers are beautiful. Good Luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is perfect! I just love the expression on her face. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly scrumptious card Sem-BIG MESSAGE TO NICOLE :"you don't get better than this lol!!
    The colouring is superb(it's the artist that counts not the medium!)
    Good luck(have my fingers crossed)
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sem, HOLY SMOKES! I have to agree with your friends, this card is just way to cute for words! This is just PERFECTION! You have blown me away! YOU GO GIRL! And I have to agree...those papers are just beautiful! WOW! Will be in touch. HUGS! Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is stunning, gorgeous image and matches the papers pefectly.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. GForgeous cadr and I love blued orange together as well! Justy delightful! The image is lovely and you have coloured it beautifully! Great Job! Hope you get picked :)
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous Sem, I love the colour combo and the image is just got to have!

    Well done on your appointment, you are so talented and they are so lucky to have you!
    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Fabulous card Sem, beautiful colouring and I love the papers. Good luck with the DT call! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic card shame you did enter my dt call great work
    linnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is fantastic! Don't you just love the BG Marrakesh DP? You nailed the three "c's": coloring, composition, and colors! I'm looking forward to our fun on the SSS DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous card babe, such gorgeous colours and papers and that stamp is a must have love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day!
    Debx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely and good luck with the DT Call

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, so pretty and good luck with the DT call :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute image, I love it....
    This is a beautiful card!

    Regards,
    image coloring

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card honey, I love the way you coloured the image and the papers you used (I used the same paperpad, guess great minds think alike, lol). Love all the detail too, just fab!!

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x