Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Zingy, Zesty, Sugar Nellie!

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
K & Co Remake 'Sunset Oranges' Mat Pad : Sugar Nellie 'Peek a Bunny' stamp : Whisper Pens : Versamagic Dew Drop 'Persimmon' (033) : Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch : Woodware Butterfly 2 punch (815-45) : X-Cut Small Flower punch (xcu953) : Woodware Regular Corner Rounder punch (820-01) : QuicKutz Revolution Flourish die (REV-0024) : Ranger Liquid Pearls White Opal : Prima flowers : Ribbon, brad and gems from stash


Bonsoir, mes amis!

I know, I know, I've been a very naughty and neglectful girl! It's been almost a week since I last posted a card - tut, tut! I have a plausible excuse though - hubby (secondary school teacher) and daughter have been home since 3rd April on Easter break, and they don't go back to school until Tuesday 21st, so we've been enjoying some well-deserved family time (especially as the weather has been so agreeable!).

This 'zesty' card has been made following Tracie's Sketch #45 over at Sketch Saturday. I also wanted to enter this week's (...just in time!) Challenge 54 at Cute Card Thursday which is 'Citrus Colours', hence the colour scheme! However ... I'm not that sure about how this has turned out. I'm pleased that I was able to use my new and untouched Remake K & Co mat pad (made from recycled paper), but I'm just not sure.... It definitely needs a sentiment at the top, which I shall add tomorrow (it's going to be an Easter card), but I'm thinking that the image needs something to make it pop a bit more ... maybe a faux stitch border? I'm not happy about the gem flower in her hair, but unfortunately I had a little shading accident on her face and so needed a cover up!! He he! I much prefer pearls to gems, but as I only have small pearls and none in a colour that would have worked, I had to use gems! Oh well, onwards and upwards!

Hope you're all having a relaxing evening. Daughter's staying over at granny and granddad's tonight, so a long-needed lie-in awaits tomorrow morning - yay!

Til next time .... Sem x

11 comments:

  1. Really pretty card, the swirls ar stunning.
    Thanks for linking my candy.
    Hugs
    Carole :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute Sem..love those flourishes, I'm waiting on some arriving :-).
    This is truly Zesty...love it.
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card,great colours! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the zesty colours and don't touch it, its perfect even the gem in her hair.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Sem, the image is so sweet and I love the citrus colour combo and the beautiful flower detail. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sem, i love that beautiful image and the little flower gem in her hair. The butterflys make the card so pretty!

    Love Fern x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, the colours are gorgeous. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Sem
    What a wonderful card, love the flourishes and colours, good luck in the challenges and thank you for your comment on my challenge win.
    Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the citrus colours, very spring like. That's such an adorable image and I love the butterflies and flower in her hair. Hugs, Lainy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty Sem-no need for any changes.I love the gem in her hair!
    Hope you enjoy the Easter hols(I'm off too-sec teacher like your hubbie!)
    Take care,
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sem this is fabulous, the citrus colours are gorgeous. Love the sweet image and the flower in her hair looks great. Thanks for joining us this week at SS
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x