Thursday, 5 March 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #20

Gosh, I really struggled with this one! I made it this morning for this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge #20 which is Lavender and Lace.

I really wanted to take part in this challenge, but had a massive problem in that I don't have any purple/lilac paper! Ahhh! After a root around I found one lonely strip of purple/white patterned paper and a pack of purple vellums - that was it! [I also have now realised that I don't have any lace on this card - so sorry, I hope the ribbon will count, as I don't have any lace in my stash either! - time to update my wishlist!]. I ran the vellum through the Cuttlebug using the Stylized Flowers embossing folder, found one lonesome purple button (that I know was given to me by a DoCraft buddy as part of a bag of stuff she gave me when I first started card making), and embellished the card heavily with Prima, Hero Arts and hand-punched flowers and pearls. There is also a little heart charm hanging from the ribbon that says "made with love". Finally the image is one of the new darling ones from the Spring Stamp Kit called Willow with Flower Basket. You can now buy all the stamps from the Spring Kit separately from Whiff of Joy.

I'm also going to enter this one for this week's challenge over at ABC Challenge Blog, which is D for Distressing. Apart from me actually being distressed coz I didn't have any lavender and lace(!), the parts of my card that are distressed are the edges of the papers and the embossed vellum (ran it through the Cuttlebug twice to get that effect).

I've decided that I simply must invest in a decent paper trimmer, as the blade on the one I have is obviously now blunt. So as it doesn't cut well, I have to distress all the edges of the paper I cut with it as it won't cut a crisp edge. Pooh! I'm going to drop a few hints tonight to my darling hubby....

TFL peeps, Hugs Sem x

14 comments:

  1. fab colouring sem, love the diff elements you have used. joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love all the embossing, and flowers too. And your image is colored so beautifully.
    Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this card!!
    Hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the same boat as you with the lilac paper!! (LOL) Your card turned out beautiful though. Love all your flowers and that image is so cute :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, lovely colouring!

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do know how to deal with stash problems! Looking at your card ;)
    It's really lovely!
    X, Ava

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the layers and embellishments.
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Utterly exquisite! The layout is fabulous and the details are gorgeous. Brilliant card honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, gorgeous colour and image. Love it, thanks so much for joining in the ABC fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x