Monday, 2 March 2009

Sketch & Stash Challenge #5 & Secret Crafter Challenge #21: Stamping Bella Huggabugg


I've wanted some Stamping Bella stamps for a while now since seeing Sparkle's amazing creations with them on her blog. The particular ones that caught my eye were the HuggaBugs - they're so cute! I ordered a couple from The Craft Barn (telephone orders only, as Stamping Bellas are not allowed to be sold online here), and they arrived today! Yippee!

I couldn't wait to ink up 'LoveBeetle' and decided to follow the latest sketch #5 over at Sketch and Stash Challenge blog. I'm rubbish at tying bows, so I thought I'd substitute a flower instead (hope that's okay?!). Almost all the stash I used on this card is new! The gorgeous printed paper is from the Pebbles Inc Sweetheart 12x12 range and is called True Love/Swirl (it's double-sided) - you can buy it from The Glitter Pot here. The pink and brown card used for matting is Core'dinations ColorCore - I used my daughter's glitter glue to glitter up the pink background. The tiny pink flowers are Prima Sweet n Sassy Princess - I couldn't find them anywhere online in the UK, and so I ended up ordering them from the US from here. The pink/brown spotty flower and brown beaded centre are Flora Doodles (Daisy Box Blend Small - Cupcake Pink and Red 1241-161) bought from Joanna Sheen's. Finally the pink ribbon is from my stash and the pink heart pearls were bought from Ebay a while ago.

I'm also entering this card for Challenge #21 over at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. This week's challenge is 'transport', so the little LoveBeetle fits in perfectly!

Hope you have a great evening, one and all! I will be back tomorrow with another card.

Hugs, Sem x

PS The card was photographed on a dark background - the white border is the 'end' of the card! (Just incase you thought it looked a bit wonky!)

14 comments:

  1. I love the pink and brown combo a really fun card!!! Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Semsee, love the image, very cute, the DP is just perfect with the image :-) Lovely flowers too !!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just darling! Those huggabuggs are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! Your card is so gorgeous Sem!! I love those stamps! And your colouring is amazing, love it!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the colours & the image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab image, and a fab card!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous card. I'm loving that image, no wonder you coudln't wait to get started with it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sem thank you for joining in you have done a wonderful job with the sketch. Very cute image haven't seen these ones before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this so gorgeous, love the cute image and fabulous papers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so cute. I love that image and the pinkness of the card!
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow gorgeous card I love the colours and the image is great.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just so adorable, I have to have these lovely stamps. Your card is stunning dear so perfectly coloured and put togther
    Hugs jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful card Sem! I love the bright and happy look of this and your papers suit it so well.
    Thanks for joining in with S&S.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, so cute. I love seeing my older designs being used. :)
    XOXO
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x