Sunday, 29 March 2009

Sketch Saturday #44 meets Secret Crafter #25: Tilda with Bumblebee

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6 paper : Core'dinations BC : EK Success Retro Flower Punch : Woodware Daisy punch : MS Scallop Doily Lace border punch : Magnolia Tilda stamp from the Spring 2009 ClubKit : Whisper Pens : Ribbon from Crafty Ribbons : Nestabilities : Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen

Phew, I've finally finished the card I started yesterday morning! (Don't worry, it hasn't taken me 2 days - I've just had lots on this weekend, so I've been crafting when I've had a spare 5 minutes here and there!). It took a bit longer than usual because I had to mix up the yellow colour and the blue/green colour (Tilda's jeans). I use Whisper Pens to colour (don't have anything else), and there are only 2 yellows which are very 'yellow' (if you know what I mean). To mix colours I scribble both colours onto an acrylic block, then mix them together using the blender pen and then apply. I'm pleased with the yellow I finally managed to blend, but I think the blue/green needed more green...oh well! And yes, I labouriously cut out each of the 5 'additional' bees that are 'buzzing' around the card (I don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry! LOL!), and glittered up their wings with my Sakura Gelly Roll pen.

I've followed this week's superb sketch over at Sketch Saturday. Sketch #44 is being sponsored by The Craft Barn, who are offering 2 WOJ stamps as this week's prize! Woo hoo! I'm also going to enter this card into this week's Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #25, which is stitching (real or faux). I have yet to find a decent, but inexpensive, small sewing machine perfect for crafting, but I'm sure I will soon.....!

Hope you all had an ace weekend. The sun has been shining all day, so that has gone some way towards making up for the loss of an hour in bed this morning! LOL!

TTFN, Sem x

23 comments:

  1. Super cute card Sem!I've only got whispers too -I dream of copics but I've bought far too much stash of late!Anyway as you perfectly show-its the artist not the pens that count!!
    Keep those lovely cards coming!
    Hugs
    Dei xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest ever! I love all the little bees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simonne this is absolutely stunning. I really love the colours both the yellow and green are perfect I think! The bees are just adorable and I love the way you have positioned them on flowers! A totally buzzing card!

    HUgs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, lvoe the colours and great idea with bees and flowers! hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the papers and colours, gorgeous!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. I love all the bees on the flowers. How clever you are!!! You have done a great job with the challenge! Fantastic work! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable! I love how you've put all the little bees at the bottom. TOO CUTE for words.
    Hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card! I love the little bees!

    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card sweetie! Your colouring is gorge and I love this paper, I bought some of this the other day, tis de-lish!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the colours, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card, gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sem, Thank you for your kind comments on my cards. This is beautiful, I love the colours and thoses bees!! well it was definately worth cutting them out, they look fab! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww this is gorgeous I love the image and layout fab faux stitching thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous card, lovely papers and a great Tilda. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning! i love the colours and all the flowers. thanks for linking my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is gorgeous, love the flowers and bumble bees and gorgeous Tilda too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning card, thanks for your birthday wishes.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card fab idea with the bee's. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sem - this is gorgeous - i just love it. Fantastic papers and colours. Fabulous Tilda and all those little bees are so cute.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sem, What a beautiful card, it must have taken you ages.
    Yuo very kindly helped me with updating my blog before, if you get a chance could you let me know how you go about getting a counter for how many visits your blog has had as you have one on your site.
    Thanks for all your help Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. aww..such a cute card..so love the image and those little bees are just so sweet..love the colour combo TFS clarex

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Sem what a great card, so sweet Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x