Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 40: Daisy Swing

Click to enlarge imageINGREDIENTS
Basic Grey Porcelain 6x6 pad : Core'dinations BC : Papermania large brads (Yellows & Oranges and Green : EK Success Retro Flower Punch : MS Doily Lace border punch : Penny Black Daisy Swing stamp (1727k) : Whisper Pens : Ribbon from Crafty Ribbons : Nestabilities S4116 & S4117 : Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF : rest from stash

I've had this gorgeous Penny Black image called Daisy Swing (1727k) all coloured and ready to use for about 2 months now! So last night I decided to use it for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 40 sketch. Sorry the lighting is a bit weird! It's incredibly sunny at the moment, and I think maybe a bit too sunny to take indoor photos by the window! I'll update later. Anyway, I decided that I was going to stick rigidly to the sketch for this card and add no extras...none, nada, nothing! I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I've figured out a way to use brads without actually having to make a hole and poke them through. Yay! I snipped off the flat, long, prongy things with some scissors, pressed what's left into the underside of the round bit, popped a small foam square inside, and then stuck it to the paper using a bit of glue for extra strength! I would love some manufacturer to do this for me, and be able to buy them ready made! The only alternatives I know of are the Robin's Nest Dew Drops (which are not always suitable because they are transparent), and the Craftworks Cards 'Card Candy' (which are made of paper). Anyone know of anything else?.....

Won't be back until tomorrow now, as we're having some of our new furniture delivered this afternoon, and so I'm now going to have to spend the next hour moving stuff around!

Have a great Tuesday, peeps! TTFN!

Hugs, Sem x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love the colours you used and the image is perfect! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem this is adorable! :O) I love the PB image,and the gorgeous paper. I really need to get my own flower punch, it would save me a lot of money on primas!

    Love Fern x :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little guy is too cute! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Semsee this is such a gorgeous card hunny, i love the papers you've used and that gorgeous penny black image. Beautiful work! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - try a search for nail heads as an alternative

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card Sem....love the papers and great colour work on your cute image.....thanks for joining in the fun at PBSc this week...Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoooooooooo hun this is stunning, gorgeous card, and the image you have matched so perfectly with the papers. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, what a wonderful sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card that image is so cute and the DP's are fab.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous Simonne! I love the colours (quite spooky as I am working on a mothers day card with similar colours!

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly stunning card I love everything about it
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x