Saturday, 21 March 2009

Friday Sketchers #44: Mothering Sunday

Click to enlarge image INGREDIENTS
K & Co
Amy Butler 12x12 Sola two-sided paper : Core'dinations BC : Versamagic Dew Drop 'Tea Leaves' : EK Success Retro Flower Punch : Woodware Butterfly and Grass punches : Martha Stewart Scallop Dot border punch : Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners 2 die : Whiff of Joy 'Willow with Flowers' stamp : Whisper Pens : Ranger Inkessentials White Opaque Pen : Ranger Liquid Pearls White Opal : Nestabilities S4116 & S4117 : Heart Pearls : Handwritten sentiment : rest from stash

Well good morning peeps! Hope you are all well on this lovely Saturday morn!

As most of you will know, tomorrow is Mother's Day (or 'Mothering Sunday' if you prefer) here in the UK. I was super organised and made my personal mother's day cards a few weeks ago. However...I was asked by a friend to make a "Mothering Sunday" card yesterday!! I decided to follow this week's brilliant sketch over at Friday Sketchers (thanks Beatrix!). I also wanted to use my brand new Amy Butler Sola paper that I received for my birthday. I absolutely LOVE her K & Co 12x12 range, and now that I know that Gill at The Hobby House stocks the best range of 12x12 K & Co pads (well, in my opinion anyway! LOL!), I will be adding to my ever increasing paper collection! I keep promising myself that I will use what I have before buying anything else, but then I find another set of paper that I simply must have, or see another stamp that is too beautiful not to own!

I'm also going to enter this card into this week's Whiff of Joy Challenge #22 which is 'green', plus this week's ABC Challenge which is 'F is for Flowers'. WOW! Three challenges in one - I love it when a plan comes together! LOL!

Hope to be back with another card later today or tomorrow!

Ta ta for now, my lovely blogging buddies!

Hugs, Sem x

19 comments:

  1. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for such a cute and sooo lovely card you have made with my sketch.
    hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so beautiful!
    Thanks for linking my candy and joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the image and the perfect colouring. Great papers also. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is sooo pretty, I love it!!

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous and I love the new papers!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sem. I love those papers and the layout. I'm going to go and have a wee look now at the Hobby House website as I totally agree you can never have enough gorgeous papers. Have a great day. Hugs, Lainy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Card is gorgeous, love the paper and image you used and little butterfly and lovely flower! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning hunny and what a totally gorgeous card, love the image and stunning papers, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card - beautifully coloured and love the papers.

    Thank you for joining us on abc this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just stunning, love the dp ~ Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card, lovely image and the papers and flowers are just beautiful
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is wonderful. love all the layers.hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card as always Simone-the image is perfectly coloured and those papers sre to die for!!Dei xxx
    p.s Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Sem, love the layout and the DP on this one.
    Congrats on getting through the first part of the Inky Impressions DT call, and thanks for stopping & leaving a lovely comment on my blog.
    Hugs.
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey you,
    loving the mothering Sunday card such lovely colours, and I love that boarder punch from H.H.I have ordered it and am awaiting delivery lol so keep an eye out for projects with that in.

    Love the stamp too! very sugar nellie ish great blog and lovely cards.

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x