Saturday, 7 March 2009

Sketch Saturday #41 & Secret Crafter Challenge #22: Dies to Die For guest DT call

Click to enlarge image Tracy Kendall, owner of the fabulous online crafty store Dies to Die For, has a call out for a Guest Designer. Hop on over to the Dies to Die For Blog where you can find all the details for making an entry. But you'd better be quick, as you have until 1.00pm (GMT) tomorrow (8th March 2009) to post your comment/entry.

So, as you can guess by now, I've decided to enter! I know I've only been making cards for 3 months, but I would love to be on a design team in any capacity! I've spent most of the afternoon making this Mother's Day card for Tracy's GDT call. It's taken me ages, but as it's for my very special and wonderful mum, plus the GDT call entry, I've taken my time to get it "just right". And, for once, I'm really pleased with the result!


I've used this week's sketch over at Sketch Saturday (Sketch #41) and also thought I'd try (for the very first time) the technique of 'Masking', which is this week's challenge (Challenge #22) over at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Masking was definitely a challenge for me, as I took ages to figure out where to stamp the tree stump (not too high, not too low, etc...) but I managed (or maybe fluked!) it in on my first attempt - WOO HOO!

Both images are from the Whiff of Joy Spring 2009 Stamp Kit - 'Willow sitting with a floral wreath' and 'Tree Stump' - and coloured with my Whisper Pens. The rest of the 'ingredients' are: Laura Ashley patterned paper, Basic Grey buttons and brads, Prima and Hero Arts flowers, ribbons and pearls from my stash, Versamagic Dew Drop (Wheat), and a computer-generated sentiment. Oooh, and I managed to tie the bow myself - woo hoo! My darling hubby showed me the way he ties bows which leaves it looking all professional - I love him so much!!!

Cross all your fingers and toes for me.....

Hugs, Sem x

32 comments:

  1. stunning card, love the colours and that image is sooo sweet. well done with the masking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is so gorgeous sweetie, a fabulous job with the masking and such delish colours. Love it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Sem
    this card is adorable as are all your cards i think you would make a great DT so good luck honey, i didn't realise you had only been making cards for three months( you have a real talent for it)
    Debar xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh Sem, it's stunning and you should be so pleased with it, I love the soft colours and your masking is wonderful, Good Luck with the DT call and thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I love this card !! it's BEAUTIFUL !!! I hope you get picked you so derserve it !
    the coloration is OUTSTANDING !!
    Three months you say.. wow don't wanna tell you how long I have been at it ... you're gifted !

    hugs Annita

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely card, good luck with the dt spot :o)
    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card-can't believe you've been cardmaking for only three months-I couldn't make something this nice in a million years!!You really deserve to get picked!!
    Huds,
    Dei xxx
    p.s have a great day tomorrow:-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Sem, good luck with the GDT call.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sem GOOD LUCK hun!!! Your card is a winner in my book it's gorgeous.

    Happy crafting Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck Sem, it,s Fab and you deserve to win it.
    Go Girl!!!!
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...stunning coloring and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the colours and detail of this card. Wow how awesome!
    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, beautiful WOJ and gorgeous papers and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow that is absolutely beautiful x mandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Sem - just love everything about it. Your image is so beautifully coloured and your embellishments are stunning.
    Happy Birthday to you!!!
    (I wont sing - you wouldn't like it).
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous special creation! Good luck to you for the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Good luck with the DT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a beautiful card she looks gorgeous luv it all, good luck with the DT call, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you a happy birthday Semsee sorry it is so late in the day/evening. Hope you had loads of fun and some yummy goodies too.
    Debra xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Sem...OMG this card is gorgeous..love the image and the colours..great job at masking.
    fingers crossed for DT call....and i cant believe you've only been making cards for 3months..u sure its not 3yrs...lol cause all your creations are gorgeous hun..well done.
    Happy birthday to you hunxx hope you had a brill day hugs clarex

    thanks for taking time out and popping over to my blog and leaving a lovely comment..and good luck with my candy thanks clarex

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, what a wonderful card! love this one!!! good luck for the dt :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. only one word for it hunny and thats ....stunning !!! good luck with the design team call
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Sem, your colouring is stunning and I love the tearing and all the pretty details. Good luck with the DT call. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a stunning card. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhh this is gorgeous. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Yummy papers also. Good luck with the DT call. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card great colours anr fab layout I just love every thing about it hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x