Sunday, 15 March 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge #51: Ruby Anniversary Card

Click to enlarge imageINGREDIENTS
Basic Grey Wassail 6x6 pad : Core'dinations BC : Woodware grass punches 821-68 and 815-66 : MS scallop dot border punch : Versamagic dew drop 'Wheat' : Magnolia Kissing Edwin and Shy Tilda stamps : Prima & hand-punched flowers : Whisper Pens : Ribbons from Crafty Ribbons : Nestabilities S4116 & S4117 : Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy EF : rest from stash

It's my parents 40th Wedding Annivesary at the beginning of April....WOO HOO! Hmmm, that's ruby, right? So that means red! Thank goodness for the Basic Grey Wassail 6x6 pad I was given for my birthday, as that's the ONLY red paper I have! Also, the only image/s I have that are suitable are the Kissing Edwin and Shy Tilda from the Love 2009 Collection - that's the 2nd time they've been used this month (see below post!). [Note to self - must get a 'celebration' stamp.] So I was kinda limited with the stuff I could use with this card! The one thing I really don't like is the diamante '40' - I think a rub-on would have been a better fit, but I don't have any!

Anyhoo, Cute Card Thursday are celebrating their birthday this week - a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to everyone over at CCT! Katharina's created a superb and interesting sketch for this week's Challenge #51, which is entitled 'celebration'. There are some amazing prizes to be won, so you just have to enter! So...I used Marlene's sketch, combining it with the ruby anniversary celebrations, and ended up with this card!

Have been feeling a bit off-colour today, so I ended up curled up on the sofa this afternoon with hubby and daughter and we all watched Corbin Bleu in 'Jump In' - I can't remember skipping being that amazing when I was young....

Hope to be back with another card tomorrow or Tuesday.

TFL peeps...have a good 'un!
x Sem x

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the coloured image and the paper is beautiful! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous and I love the 40 gives the sentiment a bit of depth. Tilda and Edwin look fabulous and would never of thought to use these papers but they work brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is soooooooooooo sweet, a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such a gorgeous card your parents are going to love it!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card, it is so beautiful, the colours are very rich!
    Many thanks for joining in the birthday challenge, have a great evening, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just stunnning and your parents will love it. Hope you feel better soon ~ Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, it's a really special card, and I actually think the gem '40' looks fabulous. Hope you are feeling better now.
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet card! I love the color and paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card... love it... HUGS..SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is wonderful Sem, I love the gorgeous colours and papers, the images are so adorable. I think the '40' looks fab done in gems...it makes it stand out more. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. This card is so beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, how cute is that card, gorgeous work!

    Hope you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sem, fab card just perfect for your Mum and Dads anniversary. Great papers and gorgeously coloured image.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the flowers on your card - great job

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so, so pretty. I think the flowers are wonderful Beautiful crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card I love the rich deep red and the flowers are beautiful.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x