Wednesday, 11 March 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar #42: Anniversary Card

Click to enlarge image
INGREDIENTS
BasicGrey BitterSweet 6x6 PP : Core'dinations BC : Prima flowers : Woodware grass punches 821-68 and 815-66 : Woodware butterfly punch 821-28 : MS scallop dot border punch : Versamagic dew drop 'Wheat' : Magnolia Kissing Edwin and Shy Tilda stamps : rest from stash

It's our wedding annivesary at the end of this month, so I wanted to 'crack open' my favourite papers in the world, Basic Grey BitterSweet, plus ink up 2 new stamps from the whole stack of new Magnolia ones I received for my birthday, and make a card for my darling hubby.

I followed this week's sketch by Michelle over at A Spoon Full of Sugar, which was quite a challenge as my 'image plate' turned out a little bigger than it probably should be! I also used one of my new Martha Stewart Edge Punches and my new Woodware grass and butterfly punches (again, part of my Birthday stash ... yes I was a VERY lucky girl!).

I'm also going to enter this card into this week's Stamp Something Challenge, which is entitled 'Favourites'. I have to say that everything on this card is my favourite - prima flowers, BitterSweet BG paper, MS punch, magnolia stamps.... just everything!! And of course, it has been made for my favourite person (after my daughter, of course), my husband! (all together now....ahhhhh!).

TFL, peeps! Have a good evening!

Hugs, Sem x

14 comments:

  1. This is darling. I love that Tilda. Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just precious. I hope you and your hubby have a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fanny card, i love tyhe images and the way you've coloured them, and the papers are lovely!

    Hugs :O)

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley gorgeous hun, love the delish papers and sweet image x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem....

    I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your card!!

    xx
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, such fab papers, beautiful images and great details, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sem, I love the yummy papers and the image is adorable. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simonne. I love these papers too ! This is such a sweet card and I love the way she with him! Could be quite a few different sentiments with that!

    Beautiful combo.

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and the butterfly detail is just gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at a Spoonful of Sugar.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a lovely magnolia card. The image is gorgeous and the papers are all stunning. Love the layout too. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Sem. Gorgeous papers and adorable stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Love the papers and the cute images and ....well everything lol, it's just perfect. I can't believe you have only been cardmaking for a few months wow!!
    I really have to get some of these Magnolia stamps but can't afford none just now :(
    A girl can dream though lol
    Hugs Lora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Love the images and the pretty papers. Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x