Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Magnolia vs Stampavie: *Week 15* Feel the Sketch

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow, so I decided to sit down for a few hours this afternoon to make him a card. I wanted to have a go at this week's sketch challenge over at Magnolia vs Stampavie challenge blog (which I've rotated 90 degrees to the left, btw!) and to use my untouched Basic Grey Boxer papers.
I don't have any 'male' stamps, so I had a hunt through my pile of images I've been sent by crafting buddies, and luckily found this ace Edwin stamped image. Very apt for my dad, as he has always played guitar in a band since the age of 17 (yes, he still plays now!). The only problem with this stamped image is that the person who kindly stamped it for me did it at a bit of a wonky angle, plus the paper/card they used really didn't like my Whisper pens (couldn't blend for toffee!). I think I did an okay job of the image in the end, but don't look too closely peeps! LOL! Also I had to adapt the addition of the ribbon on the sketch, as the image was stamped on such a small piece of paper that the ribbon would have ended up on top of Edwin and that would have looked quite odd!

Anyway, must fly as my darling hubby has made us all pancakes for dessert (we didn't manage to have them yesterday!)....yum!

Hugs, Sem x

5 comments:

  1. What a great guy card! Your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Dad. I think he is going to love that card. I do, and it is so hard to do men cards. It must be because they are from Mars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love the colours and papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. great mens card, Im sure your dad will love it.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x