Monday, 26 January 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #35 and Penny Black Saturday Challenge 33


I thought I'd whip up a quick-make card today whilst combining a couple of challenges. This week's challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar is 'Oh Baby', where we are challenged to create a card for a New Baby, Mum-to-be, New Mum or Pre-schooler. And over at Penny Black Saturday Challenge, week 33's challenge is to feature a frame somewhere on your entry.
I don't own any suitable stamps, but was kindly sent this Penny Black image from a DoCraft buddy, which I thought would be perfect for a pre-schooler. I used my nesties to create a frame (first time!) from the dark orange card, but you can't really see this on the pic (it just looks like the image is matted onto the card - I promise you it's not!).
I also set myself a little challenge of just to use yellow and orange. Now this was quite a feat, as I don't have any papers in those colours apart from the dotty and checked sheets from my new K & Co Hopscotch Boy paper pad. Also, I found it a massive struggle to match some card ... I only have the So Mod and the Nostalgia packs of card from Core'dinations. Can you believe there was no orange in either!?! The orangey coloured card is in fact a pinky brown, but I think it's okay! I've now ordered a load of yellow and orange Doodlebug papers from The GlitterPot, as I love challenging myself with colours. (Pink, brown and green is my fav colour-combo!).
Thanks for reading, peeps! Have a great evening, whatever you are doing...
Sem x

4 comments:

  1. fabulous fun card Semsee....love the image and your colour combo ...thanks for playing along this week at PBSc
    Hugs
    Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgoeus card Semsee, love this cute image and goreous colours - Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab! I love the bright colours and the fun stamp! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Semsee - love that imag and the colour combo is fabulous. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x