Wednesday, 14 January 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #34

I wanted to make a thank you card today for a DoCraft buddy. who so kindly sent me a surprise parcel of goodies this week (including a Tilda stamp - can you believe it!?!). I really love Sketch #1 from the Magnolia Vs Stampavie Challenge blog (posted a while ago now in November 08), so I decided to use it for this one. Also, this week's challenge over at A Spoon Full of Sugar is Paper Piecing - something that is brand new to me - so I wanted to have a go at that technique too. I paper pieced Tilda's dungarees using a Basic Grey Euphoria paper called Luster. Also, silly me had to hand dry-emboss (using my light box) the pink paper after I stuck it to the card, as I forgot to do it beforehand - duh!

The 'real' colours are not showing very well, as I've just photographed it, and 5pm on a wet and dark January afternoon is not a great time to take piccies! (If it's 'bright' tomorrow, I'll take another and replace).

Anyway, thanks for looking and have a great evening!

Sem x


Ingredients:
- Standard 5" white square card
- Dovecraft Designer Paper Pack (24 Assorted Colours): Pink & Blue
- Dovecraft Retrol Floral paper
- Basic Grey Euphoria Paper: Luster (to paper piece Tilda's dungarees)
- Papermania Brads: Large Round Pink
- Prima Daisy Crazy Tube Flowers - Hailey
- Magnolia Stamp: Picnic Tilda
- Ribbon from Hobbycraft
- Whisper Pens
- Versamagic Dew Drop ink pad: Pink petunia
- Sentiment: Printed from the computer
- Craft Foam Pads

2 comments:

  1. A really pretty card Sem, I love the sweet Tilda image and the papers and flower s are beautiful. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card.Flowers match the papers perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x