Saturday, 17 January 2009

Sketch Saturday #34


I love the sketches over on Sketch Saturday, and so was eagerly awaiting today's offering - I was not disappointed! However, I am a bit disappointed in how this card turned out in the end. I'm really pleased with everything apart from Tilda - in particular the colouring of her clothes. Oh well, you can't win them all I suppose! It just meant that I had to have a good rummage through my flower and brad stash to tie in the "purpley" colour of her outfit!

The patterned paper is from the Papermania Simply Elegant pack. I inked the edges of the background dotty paper and the scalloped paper with Versamagic chalk ink in Jumbo Java. I used my Cuttlebug (first time!) to emboss some pink textured card using the Swiss Dots embossing folder, and to cut out the circles with my new nestabilities (again, first use!). I inked around the edge of the strip of flowered paper (yes, this is a patterned paper from the same set - perfect for this sketch!) with my Pink Petunia Versamagic and stuck on 5 small self-adhesive pink gems. The purpley flower is Prima, the cream and brown flowers are Hero Arts, and the dotty flower is Flora Doodles. The brads are from Papermania's 'large pink and red' pack.

The weather has turned from being lovely and sunny (albeit cold...brr!) to grey and overcast (urgh!). Hubby and daughter should be on their way back from the beach by now, so I think we'll all snuggle up on the couch and watch a DVD this afternoon!

Have a great Saturday, whatever you're doing. And as always...thanks for looking and reading.

Sem x

25 comments:

  1. Oooooh! what a fabulous blog you have here. I'm so glad I came across it. Your cards are all so beautiful (I've had a good look around and love them all).
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card and she's beautifully coloured!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and cute image and fab colouring!!!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - love your colouring and the papers.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and the purple is lovely..honest!!! Great texture and layout!
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! This Tilda is so sweet, I think she is someone who I have to have;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card hun! Love the colours!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this card is gorgoeus, Tilda is so sweet and I love all the gorgeous embellishments.
    Thanks for joining us this week
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning card Sem, gorgeous image and your colouring is beautiful and I love the fab papers and flower embellies. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is stunning! Love the beatuiful papers and colours - and thanks for the name of the stamp, you're a star!

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Sem, this is gorgeous, loving the colours you have used, beautifully coloured tilda as always. joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing card. I love the colors you have chosen and I really like the way you have colored sweet Tilda! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Tilda looks just great! I love your colours and your colouring. Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautful card and I love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a stunning card. Love the colours and your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, beautiful colours you have used, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is beautiful and your colouring outstanding ~ Mel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely stamp. Beautifully coloured. Love the papers. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW...such a lovely card!
    I love this colors together...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sem - Gorgeous card and yes we're definitely on the same wavelength - we've used the same stamp again (lol)
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card, wonderful papers and love Tilda she is looking fab.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, this is just darling! Everything about this card is fantastic!
    hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I just love this card. The colours are delicious
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x