Sunday, 11 January 2009

Sketch Saturday #33

Click to enlarge image
Yawn...I've just finished my card for this week's Sketch Saturday. The photo is not the best, as it's now pretty late in the evening! I'll take another tomorrow (in the daylight) and replace it if needs be [*UPDATE - I have updated the photo - much better with a bit of daylight!)

I'm pretty pleased with this card. This is the first time I've distressed the edges - I used my bog-standard scissors and then inked with Versamagic chalk for that 'vintage' look. The various rectangles of paper are either matted or mounted with foam pads (although the photo doesn't really show this very well). I also think I'm getting slightly better at using my Whisper pens, although I think I won't bother mixing them with water anymore as the ink can bleed into other areas - the blender pen is much easier and more precise to use.

Anyway, I'm off to bed as I'm so tired I keep making typos ... *yawn*

So, night night peeps, and thanks for visiting!

Sem x

Ingredients:


  • Standard 5" white square card

  • Basic Grey papers: Sugared (Beauty SUG-1130, Darling SUG-1139, Delicious SUG-1138)

  • Papermania Brads: Large Round Red & Pink (PMA7743)

  • Hero Art: Art Flowers Neutral (CH152)

  • Magnolia Stamp: Tilda Picking Flowers (x1307E)

  • Whisper Pens

  • Versamagic Dew Drop ink pad: Spanish olive

  • Pink textured card from Core'dinations 6x6 Stack Nostalgia

  • Sentiment - hand written in brown ink

7 comments:

  1. love the card and the colouring is beautiful
    Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sem, your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the papers and you have coloured your image beautifully. joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sem! Love the cute Tilda image and your colouring is beautiful. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I can't believe you have only been doing this since December your cards look so polished like you have been doing it for years. I wish mine looked this good. well done you have really found a talent...keep making i'm looking forward to following your work x Emmy Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love the way you've coloured in the tilda image. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sem, theres a little something on my blog for you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous. Love your colouring, the image just comes bursting of the page. Gorgeous papers, very pretty flower. Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x