Monday, 5 January 2009

Sketch and Stash Challenge #1

This is my very first challenge entry! It's for The Sketch and Stash Challenge #1, for which you have to follow the challenge sketch and "use your new or never used (or hardly used!) stash on your creation!".

As I have only been making cards for a month, all my stash is new and hardly used. So I decided to use some Papermania paper I bought on special from Artymiss a few weeks before Christmas. I hadn't even opened the packet until today!


Ingredients: Standard square white card, Papermania Vellums (plain purples), Papermania Creative Tones 6"x6" paper (Amethyst Infusion), Papermania small purple brads, Glitz-it sparkles glitter glue in pink and purple, Flowers and Tilda image given to me by a DoCraft buddy. [All new and unused before today, with the exception of the glitter glue]. I used my Whispers pens to colour Tilda and handwrote the sentiment (as I don't have any sentiment stamps!). I have added glitter glue to the brads, the centre gem of the flowers, the tops of Tilda's wings and the centres of the flowers of the middle strip of paper.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sem!! And welcome to blogland!! You will have a fantastic time here I'm sure! I love to see the work of brand new crafters and can I say that your card is outstanding, I love it to pieces!! And congratulations on your first challenge card too, I'm honoured it's for us!!
    I love the new papers you've used on your card, isn't Artymiss a fabby place to shop!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sem thank you so much for joining in with the new blog, you have made a wonderful card you wouldn't know you have only been making cards for a month it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card and well done on your blog its lovely as are your cards
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Sem, fab card love the colours! I like how you have merged the sentiment into the border!

    In answer to your questions the spacers were from the bead shop near me, but you can buy them online and they are really reasonable too. The torn edges are done with a edge distresser tool, the one I have is by making memories and I got from my local craft shop again though, you can buy them online. You can do it with a pair of scissors too but mind your fingers. You run the scissors along the top of the paper using the little v that the scissors make where the meet, if that makes sense! Hope this all helps.
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love all the purples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and such gorgeous colours. Are you sure you've only been making cards for a month?
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem, love this card, your tilda is gorgeous, I cant believe you have only just started with cards they are amazing! joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous Sem, I can't believe you've only just started making cards.
    Thank you for joining in the challenge and making us your first!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x