Sunday, 18 January 2009

Magnolia vs Stampavie: Week 10 - Bows!

Click to enlarge image
Over at Magnolia vs Stampavie this week it's SHOW US YOUR BOWS! (oo-er, missus!). I only have a few spools of ribbon, so kind of had to find some papers to tie in to allow me to use it! I've used my Basic Grey Euphoria range papers - Elation (blue background) and Elysian - given to me as a present from my DoCrafts buddy, Scout!

I used a self-made 148mm square white card (I have now ordered a pack of 50 'proper' cards from Craft Superstore, so I won't have to homemake them anymore out of A4 card!). I distressed the edges of the paper with my scissors and then inked them using Versamagic chalk ink in Pink Petunia (I only have a few of these dew drop chalk inks, but it seems that by pure luck I chose the right colours and don't have to buy anymore...so far!). The pink textured card Tilda is matted onto is mounted onto the card used foam pads, but the light doesn't show this well. The white flowers with gems in the centres are Flora Doodles, I punched out the lime green flowers with my x-cut mini punch and stuck gems in the centre to tie in, and also punched out the 2 tiny pink butterflies to add a bit of variety and contrast. The sentiment was printed from the PC and I used 'Boopee' font.

Finally, I decided it needed a flourish, and so as I am STILL waiting from my flourish dies to be dispatched from Artymiss, I drew one and cut it out myself! I've mounted in on foam pads, but again you can't really see this in the photo.

Well, thanks for your time everyone. I think I may have a few days off the card making, as I do feel I need to let my mojo rest and be inspired!

Catch ya soon!

Sem x

7 comments:

  1. A very pretty card indeed ~ Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sem, I love the colours you have used. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sem, the Tilda image is so sweet and your colouring is beautiful. I love the pretty papers and all of the details you have added. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, i likw the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card!
    Beautiful colors and an adorable image!
    Anne -:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking!! Oh my goodness this is just gorgeous!!

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card gorgeous colours so soft n gentle, stunning, sue.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x