Thursday, 29 January 2009

Sorry You're Leaving Card

I know, I know, I should be packing (10th Feb is moving day!), but my darling daughter came home from school yesterday with some sad news ... her class's teaching assistant is leaving tomorrow. So how could I resist making her a card? ... well, I couldn't! LOL!

So I've spent the morning making my way through a rather large bag of Maltesers (well, they are the lighter way to enjoy chocolate!!) whilst putting this card together. Apols for the rubbish lighting, but it's a very grey day here in the South West of England.

Inspired by many of my fab blogging buddies, I had a go at decorating the inside of the card. I know the verse is a bit naff, but it's all I could come up with! I also had a go at making a 'handmade by' computer-generated 3cm circle for the very back of the card. I mounted it onto pink card cut with one of my scalloped nesties. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out ... but I couldn't take a good photo of it, so no piccie I'm afraid!

Thanks as always for looking and reading! Your lovely comments are always welcome and appreciated! ... now where is that packing tape ...

Hugs, Sem x


I used: K & Co 6x6 Amy Butler Belle papers, Pale pink satin ribbon, Dark pink card stock from Core'dinations So Mod pack, Pale green flat-backed pearls (bought from Ebay), QuicKutz Revolution Die (REV-0024) for the swirls, Prima flowers, Basic grey button, Computer-generated sentiment, Mangolia Tilda with pencils image coloured with Whispers, Versamagic chalk ink in Wheat to colour the sentiment and around Tilda...then for the inside I used my scallop scissors, Versamagic chalk inks in Pink Petunia and Wheat, a piece of cream paper from stash (think it was Dovecraft), Woodware daisy stamp.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful; the colours work so well together & I love how you coloured Tilda. Kirsten x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x