Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Friday Sketchers #34

Click to enlarge imageThought I'd try to complete one more sketch challenge this week, as I have a busy time ahead (we're moving house next month). I decided to have a go for the first time at a Friday Sketchers sketch. This card took me absolutely ages to complete, although I'm fairly happy with the final result. Before I started this card, I knew I wanted to use my Dovecraft Hint of Pink papers, and also this particular Tilda image (as I had a go at cutting it out with my new craft knife yesterday!). Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was up until 1.30am last night finishing it. Originally. Tilda was matted on a pink piece of embossed card, but it just looked wrong, and I think she looks much better sat as she is on the background.

Anyway, thanks so much for looking ... your comments are ALWAYS loved and appreciated!

Sem x

Ingredients:

  • Standard A6 white card
  • Dovecraft designer papers: Kate Knight - Hint of Pink
  • Brads: Papermania large round red & pink (PMA7743)
  • White flowers: Hero Art Flowers Neutral (CH152)
  • Pink flowers: Prima (glitter flower glittered with Glitz-it glitter glue in Fuschia
  • Magnolia Stamp: Tilda with Flower Jeans
  • Whisper Pens
  • Pink textured card from Core'dinations 6x6 Stack So Mod
  • Sentiment - hand written in black ink
  • Pink Organza ribbon from stash
  • Foam craft pads

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    love the colours on your card, i used this colour combo at lot at christmas instead of the usual reds and greens, and i think they work so well together. agaes to make but the results say it all.oh what did you use to colour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sem, This is such a pretty card and well worth all the time you spent on it :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous, i like anything about your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x