Friday, 16 January 2009

Friday Sketchers #35 and The Sugar Bowl #2

Click to enlarge image

This week on Friday Sketchers there is a lovely sketch to follow by Murielle de France and I've also managed to combine it with this week's challenge over at The Sugar Bowl which is to use 3 different design papers and 3 different types of embellishments on your card. I don't have any Sugar Nellie stamps myself (... yet ... have ordered 3 for my birthday!), but luckily I was able to use a SN stamped image that one of my buddies over at DoCrafts so kindly sent me!

I used a 148x148mm square white card, which I actually made myself out of a piece of A4 card (I only have 5" cards and they just weren't big enough!). So the scoring thingy on my Provocraft Trimmer got its first 'outing' and it worked a treat!

My 3 different design papers are: Extravagance, Aristocrat and French Lace (all from the Basic Grey 'Eva' range).

My 3 different embellishments are: the 3 pink pearl-gems, Prima flowers, and the green button.

I drew and cut out the dark purple swirls (coming out of the flower) myself, as my new set of 'flourish' dies from Artymiss has yet to arrive! Also, I used my bog standard scissors to distress the edges of the patterned papers and then chalked them with Versamagic dew drop chalk ink in Perfect Plumeria. I also used the same chalk ink to ink around the edges of the large pink and lime green Prima flowers. The image is coloured using my Whisper Pens and blended with my Whisper Blender Pen. I don't know where the button or the pearly gems originally came from - they were sent to me by a buddy! And if you look really, really hard you can spot my handwritten sentiment "wishes"... said you'd have to look hard!! LOL!

If you've got this far, thanks for looking and reading!

Have a great day (and weekend) everyone - we start sorting, clearing and packing tomorrow ... Ahhhh!

Sem x

29 comments:

  1. Hi Sem this is gorgeous, I love the papers you have used and you have coloured daisy beautifully. joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI SEMSEE
    LIKE HOW YOU CHOSE YOUR NAME FOR THIS BLOG, GREAT IDEA AND THIS CARD IS SO CUTE, I WILL HAVE TO GET THIS STAMP AS I JUST LOVE IT AND ALL THE DIFFERENT DESIGNS EVERYONE DOES WITH.
    DEBRA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sem. Thanks for your comment. Love the Eva papers (My favourite at the moment). You've coloured Daisy beautifully. Well done with your swirls - I wouldn't even have attempted it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the papers and Daisy is so adorable.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful image and beautiful card. Lovely colours!
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OO my favorite stamp daisy... gorgeous your card!
    thanks for joining the sugar bowl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! I love the papers and colors that you have used and the image is just darling!! Nice job with the challenge and thanks so much for joining in the challenge with us :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a beautiful card with my fav image (I used it for the challenge too!). Fabulous colouring and I love your brand new blog!!

    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo.. so fabulous!
    Gorgeous papers and colours, thanks so much for taking part :)

    Marlene xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Semsee
    Got a little something for you on my blog
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem
    What a delicious creation!
    Thanks so much for joining the second challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
    You really are too sweet!
    Sugar Mama x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This image is sooooo cute! Your card is really beautiful!

    fixi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Sem, Daisy is my fave Sugar nellie image and I love your colouring. The papers are yummy and I love the pretty flower detail with the flourish.
    Have a great weekend. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card. Love your colouring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really lovely. I've got those papers and have been a bit scared to use the darker ones but you've inspired me now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sem, Found your blog while blog hopping, your cards are lovely and I have added myself to your followers so I can pop back.
    Have great weekend
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work! Daisy is such a cutie. Great coloring and wonderful papers! Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really pretty. I love the papers. Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You card is fabulous!!!
    Love colours and details used.
    You have interpreted my sketch beautifully and I am very happy.
    Thanks for your participation FS.
    Hugs, Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous, Daisy is coloured brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is so gorgeous!
    Love your beautifully coloured image and your papers and detail are just lovely!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful card. So cute. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous!!! Love everything about this card and your colouring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your stunning card! And your colouring is beautiful. Can't believe that you make cards sind december 08 .. great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card !! Love the image, the color combo and your coloring :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Card.........I just love that image!

    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card, great dp and i love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card and colouring. I love this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  29. a beautiful card, so pretty, love the papers that you have used. hugs rachxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x