Thursday, 8 January 2009

Card #07

So, after my lovely surprise this morning, I've had a bit of a disastrous day! It's my nephew's birthday today, and he loves Captain Underpants. So as part of his birthday present, I decided to make him his own CU t-shirt. I took ages sourcing an image and sorting it out on Image Composer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, everything was going well until the very last stage when I 'fixed' the image - the damned white copier paper stuck to a 1/4 of the t-shirt! Didn't have another t-shirt, didn't have anymore HP Iron-On Transfer paper! So even though you're not supposed to wash the image for 24hrs, I had to soak it in water and 'rub' the sodden paper off the t-shirt! It's currently drying on the radiator, so goodness only knows what it'll come out like!

Anway, with all that faffing about, I had to rush to make him his birthday card. I don't have anything in the way of 'male' stash (must get some), so I had to use the Dovecraft Pets Collection dog papers (the cat ones have pink in them!).


I was really pleased with how the scalloped rectangle turned out, as I used my very cheap Dovecraft scallop scissors (who needs nestabilities, LOL!). I then embossed the brown card with my brand new Cuttlebug (using Swiss Dots) and suddently had an idea... I used my brand new Aegean Blue Versamagic Dew Drop ink pad and lightly brushed it across the surface, which 'coloured' the raised dots and matched my really cheap brown/blue spotty ribbon (I got this on special from Hobbycraft - 3 for £2). Then I decided to be really brave and have a go at 'distressing' the edges using the same chalk pad. For my first attempt, I'm really pleased!

Thanks, as always, for staying, looking and reading!
Sem x

Ingredients: A6 Blue Pearlised Card; Dovecraft Designer Papers Pets Collection, Dovecraft Designer Craft Papers Colours Value Pack (Dark Green); Core'dinations Stack of textured card 'Nostalgia' (Dark Brown); Aegean Blue Versamagic Dew Drop ink pad; Dovecraft Designer Pets Collection Brad, Brown/Blue spotted ribbon from Hobbycraft; Gold Glitz It Glitter Glue; x3 Blue 3mm self-adhesive gemstones; Acrylic block; Versamark pad; Gold Embossing Powder & Heat Tool; Craft Foam Pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x