Sunday, 4 January 2009

Card #05 - First Tilda!

And for my final upload of today ... my very first Magnolia Tilda card which I made yesterday (03/01/09). My new DoCrafts buddy, Dippy Dog, was so very kind to send me a wallet full of inspirational goodies (stamped images, flowers, paper, etc.), and guess what, they inspired me to do this card! Dippy Dog's orange, blue, pink and white flowers, plus the blue ribbon, caught my eye and fitted perfectly with one of the papers from my Dovecraft Retro Florals pack.

This was also my very first time at colouring a stamped image, which was a bit trickier than colouring embossed images! Again, I'm not entirely happy with the colouring (I used my Whispers - the only pens I have!), but I'm sure I'll improve with practice and time! The sketch was my interpretation of Sketch #30 from Saturday Sketch (minus the sentiment).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x