Sunday, 4 January 2009

Card #03

So this is my third offering... a 'Papermania' card! I only own 4 packs of paper (...I am new to all this, after all!), and this gorgeous 'Simply Elegant' 6x6 pad by Papermania is one of them (I read today that this design is now discontinued - a great shame as the papers are lush!). I used one design for the backing paper and then cut a strip from a different design to mount behind the image.


The silver heat-embossed image is a wood-mounted stamp from Papermania, which I coloured using my Whisper pens. I tried to use them as watercolours (scribbling on an acrylic block, then adding a drop of water and mixing with a paintbrush), but I'm not really happy with the way the petals of the flower turned out. I see so many beautifully coloured cards that have been coloured using Whispers. I'm not losing heart just yet!

Again the image is mounted using foam pads, but my crappy photography lets it down! (I know it's not my camera... I tend to always photograph late in the evening in artificial light - not good!). Also, the card doesn't have a brown border - it was photographed sat on a dark, brown leather chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x